
My name is Crystal Star Ransom. I am a Midwestern woman, raised in Michigan and living in Wisconsin, although I would eventually like to work my way out West where I was born. I have a small family; a seven year old daughter that is very bright and funny, a boyfriend who is an apprentice electrician for Solar Technologies, and a mysterious little black cat named Jack. I am working on my future at the University of Wisconsin in Oshkosh to become a high school science teacher- which, as corny as it sounds, is my dream job. I love to travel and do so regularly. My preferred vacation is the classic road trip in order to experience the remarkable amount of natural character our country has to offer in both its landscapes and people. I enjoy reading, a dominate trait in my family considering my grandmother was a librarian for 40 years, and will peruse it all- from science, math, and philosophy based non-fiction, to hip fiction, edgy memoir, and glossy alternative fashion magazines. I was raised to enjoy the outdoors which continually inspires my passion for the sciences. I like to forage for wild foods such as asparagus, mushrooms, and berries. I collect rocks and gems. I enjoy vintage fashion. I have a tremendous amount of religious, racial, and professional diversity in my family and have thusly come to thrive on tolerance.
My technology skills are fairly superficial. I am a PC user but I would like to become more familiar with Macs so that I can be Mac/PC ambidextrous. I am familiar with most word processing programs and use Microsoft Word primarily. I also have experience with the scientific data collection software LoggerPro from my chemistry and physics education. As many people do, I connect via social networking sites, namely facebook; although I like to keep my profile private. I am looking forward to learning more about technology and how to integrate it into my classroom and professional life. I welcome this opportunity to catch up on some of the advances in technology that I missed while I was not in school. I think that technology has become a vital part of our society and can be used as a powerful learning tool in the classroom.

My technology skills are fairly superficial. I am a PC user but I would like to become more familiar with Macs so that I can be Mac/PC ambidextrous. I am familiar with most word processing programs and use Microsoft Word primarily. I also have experience with the scientific data collection software LoggerPro from my chemistry and physics education. As many people do, I connect via social networking sites, namely facebook; although I like to keep my profile private. I am looking forward to learning more about technology and how to integrate it into my classroom and professional life. I welcome this opportunity to catch up on some of the advances in technology that I missed while I was not in school. I think that technology has become a vital part of our society and can be used as a powerful learning tool in the classroom.


I love to travel also! Where have you traveled to? My favorite was Spain!
ReplyDeleteI wish that I could travel more. I also share the desire to live out west. My father lived in northern Idaho as a child and it is one of my most favorite places in the U.S.
ReplyDeleteI love being outdoors too! My boyfriend and I ride around on our motorcycle in the summer searching for asparagus! It is so much fun!
ReplyDelete